Imagine talking to a colleague while discussing an important project or talking to your family and your calls keep getting dropped repeatedly! So much information will be lost due to such a broken communication. There can be several reasons why calls may drop or suddenly get disconnected. Whenever there is a mobile network error, you will see an MMI code on the screen indicating issues with your sim card.
Why do calls get dropped?
Some of the most common reasons include:
Network coverage issues
Poor network coverage is one of the most common reasons for dropped calls. This can happen if you are in an area with weak signal strength or move between areas with different network coverage levels.
If too many people use the same network simultaneously, it can lead to network congestion and dropped calls.
Technical issues with the phone
Sometimes, technical issues with the phone can cause calls to drop. For example, a low battery, outdated software, or hardware issues can all contribute to dropped calls.
Interference from other electronic devices or radio signals can also cause calls to drop.
Call duration limit
Some cellular providers may have call duration limits that automatically disconnect a call after a certain amount of time.
Call forwarding or handover
When you are moving between cell towers, your phone may need to hand over the call to a different tower, which can sometimes cause the call to drop.
Finally, network maintenance or upgrades can sometimes cause calls to drop. During these periods, network services may be temporarily disrupted or degraded.
While reasons like network maintenance and interference can be acceptable short-term issues, other network issues can’t be avoided, especially if these issues occur frequently. In such cases, it is recommended to switch to another network for a better call experience. You can port your number to Airtel by following simple steps. Let us walk you through the same.
Steps to port to Airtel
Follow the below simple steps to port your number to Airtel today!
- Head to Airtel’s official website.
- Navigate to the prepaid menu and select the ‘Port to Airtel’ prepaid option from the drop-down.
- You will be redirected to a new web page. Here, you need to fill out a form to raise the port or MNP (Mobile Number Portability) request.
- Enter your name, mobile number, Pin Code, Location, and residential address.
- On the left panel of the screen, you will see 2 types of recharge plans listed. These are your first recharge plans. (₹299 and ₹479).
- Select one and hit the submit button to raise the request.
- An Airtel executive will get back to you within a day or so to process your request and complete the porting process.
- Follow the steps given by the executive and your number will be ported to Airtel immediately.
Note: Your number will be inactive only for a few hours. Once the request is completed, you will be informed via an SMS.
Leave a Reply