Microsoft Outlook has always been the most preferred choice of application for sending and receiving emails in the corporate world. In fact, nowadays, a lot of individuals and self employed people have started using Outlook application on their computers for managing emails. It’s mainly because of the user interface and features that gives Outlook edge over other email service providers that exist in the market.
Unfortunately, Microsoft Outlook has its own problems when it comes to usage, it’s not free from bugs or issues. In the past, we’ve seen a lot of Outlook users complaining about errors codes that show up all of a sudden and doesn’t let the user continue their work in the application.
Microsoft Outlook Error Fix
If you have been an avid user of Outlook, chances are, you might have come across an error called [pii_email_0cd81888a5fe7246075b]. This is a common faced by majority of the Outlook users once in a while, and there are many causes of this error. If you’re facing the very same error or issue on your system, then don’t worry, we’re here to help you out.
Go ahead and follow the below mentioned solutions properly to fix the error in the Outlook application on your computer or laptop.
Try Increasing Server Time Out Duration
If you’re seeing a server time out message right after the error, then chances are, you will be able to fix the error simply by increasing the server time out duration from the settings of the application.
- Start the Outlook app and click on the Files option.
- Select Info option -> Choose Account Settings option to proceed.
- Click on the target POP3 account from the list and select the “Change” option.
- Now choose the “More” settings option to proceed further in the process.
- Select the “Advanced” Tab from the list and increase the server time out duration.
Increase the server time out gradually until the issue is resolved on its own in the application.
Reinstall the Outlook Applicaiton
If the above mentioned method isn’t solving your problem, then reinstalling the Outlook application itself might help in fixing the problem.
- Go to Window menu bar and select the Control Panel option,
- Select “Apps and Programs” option in the Control Panel window.
- Wait for the list of installed apps to load, locate the Outlook application in it.
- Right click on the Outlook app and select the “Uninstall” option.
- Confirm the uninstall and follow the on-screen steps to remove the app.
Once the app is completely removed from your system, you need reinstall it from the official website of Outlook.
Errors with Microsoft Outlook have become quite common these days, a lot of users have been facing them. The error themselves aren’t that hard to fix, however, sometimes, you may not have time to fix them yourself. We hope you were able to solve the problem by following the above mentioned methods on your system. If you’re facing any other issues with Outlook, make sure to let us know in the comment section below.