iCloud is one of the important cloud storages as well as cloud computing services from Apple. It was launched on October 12, 2011. This specific service had the estimated 850 million users, up from 782 million users in 2016.
iCloud enables users to store the data like the documents, photos, and music on remote servers for download to iOS, macOS or even the Windows devices, to share and then send data to other users, and to easily manage their Apple devices if lost or stolen. iCloud also offers the means to wirelessly back up iOS devices directly to iCloud, in its place of being reliant on the manual backups to a host Mac or Windows computer using iTunes. The service users are able to share the music, photos, and games instantly by linking accounts via AirDrop wireless. It replaced the Apple’s MobileMe service acting as the data syncing center for email, calendars, contacts, notes, reminders (to-do lists), iWork documents, bookmarks photos, and other data.
How to Download / How to Use iCloud for Windows?
Apple has eleven company owned as well as operated data centers supporting iCloud services. The services have gained a massive popularity amongst the people as this is one of the finest services. In the year of 2016, Apple signed the deal with Google to use Google Cloud Platform for some iCloud services. In October 2016, Bloomberg reported that Apple was working on project Pie that aims to increase the speed and experience of Apple’s online services by being operated more directly by Apple. Whenever you are going to download you will have to follow a few steps.
- First on your iOS device, You will have to go to settings and then click on the general option. After that you will get the option of software update
- You will have to make sure that you have a recent backup to restore from
- Then, you will have to go to settings and then click on the option general
- After that click on Reset
- Then tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- On the Apps and Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
Set up iCloud for Windows:
- First you will have to download the iCloud for Windows. If you see that this does not really install automatically, then go to the file Explorer and open iCloud Setup.
- Restart your computer.
- You will have to ensure that iCloud for Windows is open.
- If this doesn’t open automatically, go to Start, open Apps or Programs, and open iCloud for Windows.
- After that, you will have to enter your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud.
- Choose the features and then content that you want to keep up to date across your devices.
Download your Photos and Share with Friends:
When you actually turn on the photos, iCloud for Windows creates the specific Photos folder in File Explorer called iCloud Photos. The iCloud Photos uploads a lot of new photos and videos, which you add to the iCloud Photos Uploads folder on your PC so you that will be able to view them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, and on iCloud.com. New photos as well as new videos you take automatically download from iCloud Photos and you can select to download your entire collection by year. And the proper Shared Albums lets you view, share, and then comment on the photos and videos you share with other people.
You Can Simply use these Steps to Find your Photos on your PC:
- Windows 10: From a Start menu, scroll down and open the iCloud folder. Then, you will have to choose the iCloud Photos.
- Windows 8.1: From the Start screen, you will have to click the down arrow in the bottom-left corner, and then click the iCloud Photos app.
- Windows 8: Then, from the Start screen, you will have to choose the iCloud Photos.
- Windows 7: Then, you will have to click the Windows Start button, and then click Pictures. Then, you will have to lick iCloud Photos or Photo Stream under the Favorites menu in the panel on the left. Double-click My Photo Stream to view your photos. It also shows up as a folder in the window that appears.
How to Manage the iCloud Information?
Once you have the iCloud storage, you will have to know the proper way of managing the iCloud. You can manage your iCloud storage by upgrading the storage plan or reducing the amount of storage that you are using. If you simply want to make few changes to the Apple ID, you can update your email, mailing address, or other account data and information. To see the entire accessible storage, open iCloud for Windows. To manage the proper storage, click Storage. Then you will have to choose the app to see how much storage you’re using, or click Buy More Storage to upgrade. To manage the Apple ID, open iCloud for Windows and click Account details. Click Manage Apple ID.
Also, Read – How to Download Safari for Windows PC and Laptops.
How to Update the Version of iCloud for Windows?
Whenever you are want to check for the updates, you will have to open the Apple Software Update on your PC. Then, to get notified when an update is accessible through Apple Software Update, select Edit and then go to Preferences, and after that, you will have to select when you would like to check for updates. You can select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Never.
Enhance the iCloud Storage:
You automatically get 5GB of iCloud storage only for signing up. But once you want to increase the storage, you will be able to do it. You get a lot of space to securely store which is extremely important to you in iCloud. That means extra room for all of you’re the videos, photos, documents, apps, and more. You will be also able to upgrade right from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. You can simply check the official site to know the expansions.