Developed by Google, Chromecast happens to be a digital media players’ line. The device has been designed as a small dongle which enables users with the mobile device or PC for playing the online streaming audio or visual contents. This is done on the HD television. Alternatively, these are also played on a home audio system too via mobile as well as web applications supporting Google Cast technology! Check steps to Chromecast Setup below.
In an alternative manner, the content can also be mirrored from the Google Chrome browser that can run on the personal computer. Additionally, it can also run from the Android devices’ screens.
Why Use Chromecast?
Regardless of whether you’re a PC user, an iOS user or an Android user, watching videos on a bigger screen might be more intriguing than you ever thought it to be. After all, every individual aims at making an attempt of getting some alone time right after the daily drudges. So, with the help of Google Chromecast, you would be able to enjoy all kinds of the TV show as well as movies and that too on a bigger screen. Mentioned below are the benefits of using Google Chromecast. To know more, keep reading on.
Also, Check – Steps to iCloud for Windows.
- First and foremost, Chromecast happens to be a handy gadget that is useful when it comes to watching the TV shows available on Netflix. Alternatively, you would also be able to stream videos via YouTube as well. In addition to that, you can also connect it to your mobile device in order to watch the videos on a bigger screen.
- Experiencing virtual reality is so amazing. Chromecast gives you the same allowance for the same. All you require doing is making sure that the phone has been kept in the Daydream. And after that, you should also make sure that Chromecast is on the same Wi-Fi installed. Are you already equipped with a gear VR? Then it is time to do the same thing! You have to make sure that you download a gear app and install the latest version of it in order to get the best experience.
- The best thing about using Chromecast is that it gives you the allowance to access to the social media platforms, irrespective of which one you’re accessing. All you have to do is to connect the device with your mobile and then access to the social media apps and that to on a larger screen.
- You can even caste the Google slides to the TV and you can even show presentation with Chromecast. This is due to the fact that Google Cast is already there in Chrome.
- What makes the experience more intriguing is its allowance for users to add images to the background of Chromecast. You can choose to use your own photos and then switch up the Chromecast background with the mode namely ‘Ambient’.
- Last but not least, you will be allowed to caste the Google Photos to your respective TV.
Chromecast Setup for Android Device:
Now that you know the benefits of using Chromecast, here’s introducing the step by step guide to set up the Chromecast on your Android device. To know more, keep reading on.
- A Chromecast device
- Google Home App’s latest version
- Google app latest version
- Account in Google
- A display device that must come with HDMI input
- A tablet or smartphone
- Minimum Operating System requirements
- Net connection
- Wireless network
Chromecast Setup Steps for Android:
- First off, you should plug in Chromecast.
- Then, install the Google Home app on the Android device
- Alternatively, download Google Home for Android.
- Connect smartphone or tablet to WiFi network same as Chromecast
- Open Google Home app on the Android device.
- Tap Add and set up the smartphone.
- Set the new device up.
Chromecast Setup for iOS Device:
Now that you know the step by step guide to set up the Chromecast on your Android device, Here’s introducing step by step guide to set up Chromecast on your iOS devices such as iPhone or iPad. To know more, keep reading on.
- A Chromecast device
- Google Home app’s latest version
- Account in Google
- A Display device with HDMI input
- Wireless network
- Minimum iOS requirements
- Access to the wireless network where you have to make sure that you get a handy password
- For a 1st generation, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G network is required. For Chromecast, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4/5G network is required. For Ultra, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 5G network is required.
- An iPhone or iPad
- Certain features, applications, and services
Steps to Set up Chromecast:
- First and foremost, you are required to plug in the Chromecast.
- Upon then, you are required to install Google Home app just by navigating for your iOS device.
- Alternatively, you can even click on the Google Home app for iOS in order to download it.
- But before doing so, you have to make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same WiFi network as that of the Chromecast device.
- In case you have your Bluetooth already turned on, then you are all allowed to skip the next step.
- However, It is highly recommended that in case you don’t have Bluetooth turned on, then the Google Home app will automatically ask you the same. This will only improve the process of the setup. You can even swipe up from the Home screen’s bottom in order to turn on the Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad.
- In case you don’t have Bluetooth, then you will have to tap on the No Thanks’ option.
- Tap on the Home button of the iPhone or iPad.
- Upon then, you would have to tap on the Settings app. Then, tap on WiFi.
- After which, you are required to connect to WiFi network matching Chromecast device. Here, you have to search for ChromecastXXXX.b.
- Open the Google Home App and tap on Add and Set up the device. After that, you have to Set up the new devices.
Now that you are familiar with everything concerning the setting up process of Chromecast on Android or iOS, you can proceed effectively.
Read More – Ultimate guide on How Does the Tinder App Work?